The realm of TEM (Telecom Expense Management) is quite complex. It can deal with anything from telecom inventory to assuming and negotiating new contracts to purchasing devices all in one day. Even when just purchasing telecom software, many resources must be utilized to run the software and deal with all of what it produces. Remember, the software can only do so much. Humans must do the rest.
Here are some of the most important reasons why hiring a professional TEM provider is much better than purchasing telecom software:
- TEM providers watch your money for you. They can quickly identify areas where your company is spending too much on telecom and whether you’re wasting money on unused services. You may not be aware, but a TEM provider will actively look at where your money’s going and where you can save.
- You’ll be able to relieve your IT department of running the TEM software. You might be wasting valuable resources and lowering departmental morale. You’ll be able to get them back to doing what they’re trained to do: IT.
- Through your TEM provider, you can rely on experts of the TEM industry. Whenever you have a question, you can go straight to your provider. No longer do you have to waste valuable time looking for answers to your questions. By outsourcing with a TEM provider, any questions you have can easily be answered just by picking up the phone.
- Outsourcing your TEM needs will save you more money than you think. You might be paying a premium up front compared to a software, but you won’t have to hire a specialist on the long run which is a huge expense.
- TEM companies provide a comprehensive TEM solution. With TEM software you have to handle things like processing and auditing invoices in house. With a TEM provider, all of the details are taken care of.
- A TEM provider provides valuable personal insight a software solution can’t. This is particularly useful when examining how your company spends money on telecom solutions, how it handles reporting, and how it maintains accountability. This will help your business get all they can of their communication services, which can save you money in the long run.
- A good TEM provider will work with you to cater to your personal needs. They can fill in the gaps and figure out ways to work with your personal budget. You won’t have to waste precious human resources by filling in those gaps yourself.
Telecom and telecom expense management is a complicated but necessary component of any business. In-house solutions can be complicated and costly in both human capital and money. Larger companies might have enough cash flow to have an in house telecom and TEM solution with a dedicated team to handle all of what comes.
Mid-size and smaller companies however, may find an in-house solution with TEM software may be more headache than it’s worth. Finding and hiring the right TEM provider can manage as little or as much of your TEM as you need it to. In turn, you can spend more time perfecting your business and doing what makes you happy.