What can be simpler than preparing a lightbox for your site? This notion isn’t new to any customer: you have come across such a popping-up message at least once in your life. However, given there are numerous types of pop ups, the challenge becomes more complicated. It is not enough to create a layout and insert the text you find appealing.
Lightboxes can help interested parties to turn average visitors into engaged members of your site community, but this expectation becomes a reality only when popups are used correctly in a timely manner. Stay tuned to find out more about different categories of popups and why they are necessary for your platform’s architecture. Let’s get it started!
Top-Rated Lightbox Popups for Your Needs
Without a doubt, there are numerous values a single message that overlays a background display can offer. Experimenting with its styles and picking up a few functional layouts for your brand, several informative and promotional benefits will be achieved. Here are the main solutions to test and implement in your advertising tactics:
- Countdown messages — adding countdown times is a good attention-grabbing strategy for end users. It motivates customers to perform what a call to action prescribes within a limited amount of time. Of course, the offer has to be corresponding. For instance, such promotional triggers are worth it during Christmas or Black Friday sales.
- Gamification — by making your popups more interactive, you increase the time a person will spend online at your domain. One of the brightest samples is to use a discount wheel that provides users with a certain price benefit after a corresponding action is made. Taking into account that discount codes are sent to customers’ email addresses, your database is complementarily enlarged with potential regular buyers.
- On-click popups — instead of manually typing the requested details, you can provide a list of down-drop choices to pick up.
- Floating bars — experimenting with the popup location, numerous results are as simple as ABC to achieve. For instance, they can be used as non-annoying contact forms or information about the free shipping on orders that are over a certain price range. Your creativity is welcome to be realized via practical means.
- Multi-step popups — even though it takes a few steps to proceed with an action, it is better to use this method instead of creating a layout with five or more insert fields. You can use a Google research form as a sample. In addition, it is an awesome idea to thank your customers by performing a popup’s call to action.
- Slide messages — they are excellent for promotional needs. They slide into the website area without completely overlaying the interface.
- Yes/no — such messages can be used to collect more personal data about your visitors even if they don’t finish their site research by placing an order. For example, it is smooth to find out the customers’ age or verify it to provide access to your services.
- Page redirects — they are functional when you provide a comparison with alternative goodies, present other besties that visitors may like, or offer access to important details to get acquainted with.
- Video popups — the next style of popping-up messages to refer includes videos to streaming services or in-site options in the FAQ or blog section. It is a wonderful method to introduce your products/services in a simpler manner, showing how-to-use instructions clearly.
- Feedback surveys — of course, the opportunity to get customers’ opinions and impressions from their experience with your site is second to none. That is where survey popups come in handy.
Crucial Features of Lightbox Popups
When it comes to designing your informative messages, the understanding that the information proceeds by people within thirteen milliseconds shouldn’t distract you from the main notions of their layouts. They have to be eye-catching, concise, and meaningful enough to function as prescribed. Here are must-haves for lightboxes to perform their duties and lead to your brand’s success:
- CTAs are important. You simply can’t write something like “buy this product with us” — it is a non-effective option. The goal is to create messages that won’t be abandoned and ignored. In marketing, user-friendly and welcoming calls to action work. It is a good way to interact with target audiences. Besides, you should clearly show the user’s final objective will be satisfied. A call to action to consult about lightboxes when your site isn’t generating enough revenue is a good sample for illustration.
- Clear and clean layouts are worthy solutions. The reason why informative yet cumbersome templates get rejected is that they seem too inefficient and cumbersome. If your text includes a lot of paragraphs and several fields to fulfill, it is better to cut the message as much as possible. Brevity is the wit of the soul.
- Ensure all your lightboxes have exit ways. If a customer gets frustrated when a popup doesn’t let them return to the original page, the mission is failed.
- The overall website and popup aesthetics have to reveal your branding peculiarities. Choosing bright green lightboxes when your page is designed in pastel and bold colors is unreasonable.
Wrap It Up
All in all, one of the leading benefits popups present is their ability to grab your visitors’ attention. Depending on the style and type of the lightbox message applied, it is possible to manipulate customers’ insights and sell your own production/services more efficiently. The use of the right and properly crafted popups signify brands’ preparedness to lead a dialogue with their target audience and provide appealing and personalized deals. Using Claspo or alternative design software, it won’t be a problem to achieve any goal without difficulty.