More than the aesthetic quality and content of your website, usability is crucial to enhance the experience of your visitors. But, what does a user-friendly website possess?
A user-friendly website is easy to access, understand, and navigate. If you want to gain more traffic and leads to a website, you need to learn the must-have features of a user-friendly website below.
If you’ve asked yourself, “How can chatbots affect user experience?” the answer is simple. Chatbots provide answers fast. Unlike calling the customer service toll-free number and being passed on from one interactive voice recording (IVR) to the next, using chatbots in websites avoid waiting times to get users’ questions answered.
What are chatbots? These are robots in a chat system of a website, app, or any software program. Chatbots are a product of artificial intelligence (AI). In this digital era, AI dominates, mimicking human interaction to help users easily find the answers they’re looking for.
A chatbot feature in a website is an effective way to improve user experience to promote higher conversion rates. Check the following ways chatbots boost user experience:
- Simplify user search tasks
- Faster response times
- Personalize user experience
- Reduce bounce rates or visitors leaving a website
- Provide accurate information
A sitemap is a website’s map that users and search engines can use as a helpful reference guide. It provides a structure or framework upon which to start developments. Sitemaps help identify the right location of web content, as well as the types of topics to create and add.
Sitemaps show the relationship between different web pages, providing users with a true website overview and access of information, all in one page. In addition, a website doesn’t need to rely too much on external links by submitting a sitemap to search engines.
Here are the good qualities of a sitemap that makes a website user-friendly:
- Descriptive Listing: Each link has a suitable description for users to understand the content before clicking, saving time and effort.
- Themed Page: Place all links to web pages and related content on each sitemap page for a themed page to benefit your ranking or search engine optimization (SEO). If a website has a high ranking on search engines, users can access web pages easily to find the right information they need.
- Updated: A user-friendly website is up-to-date. Every time you add content, make sure to update your sitemap list to benefit both users and search engines.
One of the mistakes junior UX designers commit is overcomplicating things. However, not all users enjoy bright colors, intricate fonts, and HD images all the time. They need quick and productive solutions. Hence, simplifying things is the key to attaining a user-friendly website, such as keeping a good balance of negative or white space and web elements.
What is white space? This is the empty or blank area of a website that provides a resting place for the eyes and the pointer of a mouse or touchscreen. The advantages of balancing a web page’s negative space include the following:
- Highlights a centralized message
- Makes the web page more readable
- Delivers a strong message
- Increases user focus
- Avoids confusion
What is call-to-action or CTA? This website feature directs a user to certain actions, such as subscribing to a newsletter, purchasing a product, or setting up an online appointment. Call-to-actions or CTAs represent a conversion for a web page.
Call-to-action (CTA) buttons are interactive user interface elements, which are also important in user experience. They must be compelling enough to attract the attention of potential customers instantly. CTA buttons should be enticing for visitors to click and take them to the next stage.
The characteristics of a compelling CTA button include the following:
- Clear and concise
- Message speaks in the first person
- Creates a sense of urgency
- Impossible to miss
- Uses a contrasting color
Easy-To-Locate Navigation Tools
Navigational tools help website visitors browse and navigate a web page easily. A user-friendly website has easy-to-find navigational tools, such as the following:
- A search box is usually placed on the right upper corner of the page
- Scroll bars are visible and easy to use
- Clear menu categories
- Contact information is written in clear and readable fonts
User-friendly websites have chatbots, sitemaps, calls to action, and other easy-to-use navigation tools. These tools help guide website visitors to find the answers to their search queries fast and easily. This way, visitors will likely stay and navigate the website, converting them to loyal visitors and eventually paying customers.