Hey YouTube Fans! Let’s Clean Up Your Comments!
Are you a big fan of YouTube? If you are, you’ve probably left a bunch of comments on different videos, right? Well, it’s a good idea to take a look at those comments from time to time. Maybe there are some you want to get rid of, or others you feel like changing a bit.
But hey, we’re not talking about the comments other people leave on your videos. We’re focusing on the ones you have posted all over YouTube. Wondering how you can do that?
Stick around! I’m going to show you how to find all the comments you’ve ever posted on YouTube. Plus, I’ll give you some handy tips on how to edit or delete the ones you’re not too fond of anymore. Let’s dive in!
Why Would You Want to View Your Past YouTube Comments?
Time for a YouTube Comment Clean-Up!
As a YouTube superfan, you’ve probably left a trail of comments on tons of videos. Ever thought about going back to see what you wrote? Here’s why it might be a good idea:
- Get Rid of Outdated Comments: Sometimes, what you said before might not make sense now because things have changed. It’s okay to delete those comments.
- Say Bye to Not-So-Nice Comments: If you’ve written something that now seems rude or mean, it’s a good chance to remove those words.
- Fix Those Oopsies: Spotted a typo in your old comment? No worries, you can fix it!
- Update Your Thoughts: Got something more to add to your previous comment? Go ahead and edit it with the latest info.
- Share Your Comments Elsewhere: Found a comment you’re really proud of? You can find it again and share it outside YouTube.
Editing or deleting your comments is super easy. And remember, we’re talking about comments you’ve posted.
Managing Your Comments on YouTube (PC Version)
It doesn’t matter if you’re using a Windows PC, a Mac, or something else. Editing your YouTube comments is the same on any browser. Here’s how to spruce up your YouTube comments:
- Open YouTube: Start your browser, head to YouTube, and make sure you’re signed in to your Google/YouTube account.
- Find the Menu: On YouTube’s homepage, click the “hamburger icon” (it looks like three horizontal lines) on the top-left corner. A menu with things like trending videos, your subscriptions, and settings will pop up.
- Go to ‘History’: In the menu, click on “History.”
- Find ‘Comments’: On the right side, under “MANAGE ALL HISTORY,” click on “Comments.” This takes you to a page with all your comments.
- Edit or Delete: Your comments will show up in order from newest to oldest. To delete a comment, just click on the “X” next to it. To edit, first click on “Commented on…” and then on the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) next to your comment. Hit “Edit,” make your changes, and don’t forget to save them!
How to View/Edit/Delete Your YouTube Comment History on iOS
Got an iPhone, iPad, or iPod? Great! You can easily keep track of and manage your YouTube comments, whether you’re using a browser or the YouTube app specifically for iOS.
Using the iOS YouTube App
Here’s the lowdown on cleaning up your YouTube comments on your iOS device:
- Visit Google My Activity for YouTube: First, go to the Google My Activity page for YouTube comments. Sign in if you need to.
- Stay on the Google My Activity Page: If your device asks if you want to open YouTube, hit “Cancel” to stay on the Google My Activity page.
- Find the Comment: Tap the video that has the comment you want to remove.
- Delete the Comment: Tap the “vertical ellipsis” (those three vertical dots) and choose “Delete.”
Using a Browser on iOS
- Launch the YouTube App: Open the YouTube app and sign in with your Google/YouTube account.
- Go to Your Data: Tap your profile icon, then select “Your data in YouTube.”
- Find Your Dashboard: Scroll until you see “Your YouTube dashboard” and tap “More.”
- View Your Comments: Tap the “## comments” link.
- Navigate to My Activity: This will open the Google “My Activity” menu, where you can see all your comments.
- Delete a Comment: Scroll to find the comment you want to remove. Tap “Commented on…” or the video thumbnail. Use the “up/down arrowheads icon” to expand the comments section, find your comment, tap the “vertical ellipsis,” and select “Delete.”
Remember: Once you delete a comment, it’s gone forever. If you can’t find a comment, it might be because the channel owner removed it, or you already deleted it. YouTube’s rules can also lead to comments being deleted.
Viewing and Managing Comments on Android
Now, you can even manage your comments right in the YouTube app on Android!
- Open the YouTube App: Start the YouTube app on your Android device.
- Head to Settings: Tap your profile icon, then “Settings.”
- Find ‘History & Privacy’: Select “History & privacy.”
- Manage Activity: Choose “Manage all activity.”
- Access the Menu: Tap the “hamburger menu icon” (three lines).
- Go to Other Google Activity: Select “Other Google activity.”
- Find Your Comments: Scroll to “Comments on YouTube” and tap “View Comments.”
- Edit or Delete: Scroll through your comments. To delete, tap the “three vertical dots” and select “Delete.” To edit, tap “Commented on,” find your comment, tap the “vertical ellipsis,” and select “Edit.” Make your changes and hit “Enter/Return” to save.
While this process might seem a bit long, it’s definitely worth it to keep your YouTube comments neat and tidy!
Wrapping It Up: YouTube Makes It Easy!
Guess what? The smart folks at YouTube have made it super easy for you to take a trip down memory lane with your comments. There’s this cool feature called “History” where you can see all the comments you’ve ever made, along with the videos you’ve watched.
This is perfect for when you want to revisit old conversations or maybe give your past comments a little makeover. And the best part? You can now do all of this right from the YouTube app on your phone!
So, whether you’re looking to delete, edit, or just have a laugh at what you said years ago, YouTube’s got you covered. Dive into your history and start exploring!