Have you ever noticed that Instagram Stories disappear pretty fast? It’s like a magic trick – poof and they’re gone! This is totally different from other social media where you can easily share or retweet what someone else posts. Instagram can be a bit of a puzzle, right?
But hey, sometimes you see an Instagram Story that’s just too good to keep to yourself. You want to show it off to your friends and followers. 🌟 So, you’re probably wondering how you can share someone else’s cool content on Instagram. Well, you’re in luck! This article is all about the how-tos and whens of sharing other people’s posts on Instagram. Let’s dive in!
How to Share an Instagram Story
Sharing someone’s Instagram Story can be super cool, but there are a few rules to play by. So, let’s jump right in and learn how to do it!
Step 1: Share an Instagram Story to Your Own Story
Sharing someone else’s Instagram Story is super easy, but there’s a catch. You can only share it if they’ve tagged you in it. It’s like getting an exclusive pass! If they didn’t tag you, sorry, but you can’t share it directly on your story.
Now, let’s imagine you’re one of the lucky ones who got tagged. Here’s what you do next:
- Open your Instagram and tap on that little “paper airplane” icon at the top right corner. That’s where all your direct messages hang out.
- Look for a “tagging notification”. That’s the message you get when someone tags you in their Story.
- Click on that and then tap “Add to Your Story”. It’s like grabbing a piece of their story and making it part of yours!
- Hit “Send”, and voila! You’ve just published their Story on your own.
That’s just one way to share a story. Stay tuned, there’s more to come!
Step 2: Send a Story to Someone Else
What if you’re not tagged in a story but still want to share it with a few friends? No problem! You can send it directly to them. It’s like sharing a secret – it won’t be visible to everyone, just those special few you choose.
Remember, the account of the person who posted the story must be public for this trick to work.
Here’s how you can send a story to someone:
- First, tap on the “Story” at the top of your Instagram feed.
- See that “paper airplane” icon near the text box? Tap on it.
- Choose your lucky friends by tapping “Send” next to their names.
And that’s it! But, if you can’t find that paper airplane icon, it might mean the person’s account is private or they haven’t allowed their stories to be shared.
Step 3: Share Instagram Stories Externally using the ‘Share to’ Option
Did you know you can share an Instagram Story outside of Instagram? Yep, you can send it through other apps like Twitter, WhatsApp, or even good old text messages. Here’s how to spread the joy:
- Open the “Instagram Story” you want to share.
- Tap on the “vertical ellipsis” (those three dots in the corner) and select “Share To…”
- Pick the app you want to use to share the story.
When your friend clicks on the link, Instagram will whisk them away directly to the story. How cool is that?
Step 4: Copy and Share Instagram Stories Everywhere!
Sometimes you might want to share an Instagram Story in a totally different way, like through Facebook Messenger, Twitter Direct Messages, or even a text message. You can even paste the link into a document, like Notepad or Word, though that’s not the usual way to share stories.
Here’s the lowdown on how to grab that link and share it wherever you want:
- Pick the “Instagram Story” you’re excited about.
- Tap on the “vertical ellipsis” (those three dots in the top corner) and choose “Copy Link.”
- Open up any app where you want to share the story. It could be anything like Gmail, Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, Snapchat, or even a Microsoft Word document.
Now you’re ready to paste that link and share the story with anyone, anywhere!
Setting Your Stories as Public to Make Them Shareable
Ever wondered why some Instagram Stories can be shared and others can’t? It’s all about whether your account is set to “Public” or “Private.” By default, Instagram sets your account to public, but you can switch it to private if you want.
Being on social media is all about sharing and connecting, right? When your account is public, anyone can see your stories. They’ll pop up in searches and even in Instagram’s suggested lists. It’s like having an open house where everyone’s invited!
A private account is more like having a secret club. Only your friends can see your stories, and that’s only if you follow them back. If someone follows you but you don’t follow them, your private account stays hidden from them.
Switching Between Public and Private
Want to change your account setting? Here’s how:
- Tap on your “profile” icon in Instagram to open the menu.
- Go to “Settings”, then tap on “Privacy.”
- Click on “Account Privacy.”
- Here, you can switch the “Private Account” option on or off, depending on what you need.
Remember, your profile is public by default, so you only need these steps if you’re thinking about switching to private or back to public.
Tagging Someone on Instagram to Make a Story Shareable
Want to make your Instagram Story shareable? The key is in the tagging! When you tag someone in your Story, they get the power to repost it. But how do you tag someone? It’s pretty simple!
Creating a Tag-Worthy Story
First, create your Story. You know the drill: add a cool image, some catchy captions, maybe a few fun stickers. Get creative!
Tagging Made Easy
- Once your Story looks awesome, tap “any space” on the image.
- Now, write an “@mention” with the username of the person you want to tag. It’s like giving them a shoutout!
Multiple Tags, More Fun
You can tag more than one person in your Story. Each person you tag will get a notification – it’s like sending them a virtual high-five!
But here’s something important: you can’t stop someone from reposting your Story once you’ve tagged them. However, you can control who can repost it by adjusting your privacy settings.
The Grand Finale: Reposting with Care!
So, we’ve reached the end of our Instagram journey! Remember, reposting is a big deal in the social media world, but it’s like a special spice – use it just right. Think of it like a gaming or dating app where you’ve got only a couple of swipes each day or week. You’d save those swipes for something really cool or super exciting, right?
That’s how you should treat reposting on Instagram. Save it for those jaw-dropping, laugh-out-loud, or heartwarming stories that you just can’t resist sharing. If you repost too much, you might find your followers hitting the unfollow button or just scrolling past your posts. And nobody wants to be the person who gets scrolled past on social media!
So, use your repost power wisely, and make every share count!