Hey there, gamers and Discord users! 🎮 Have you ever thought about how much more awesome your Discord chats could be with some music in the background? Imagine battling it out in your favorite video game while jamming to some great tunes with your friends. It’s like adding a soundtrack to your gaming adventures! But wait, how do you even get songs to play while you’re chatting away on Discord?
Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! In this article, we’re going to dive into two super easy methods to bring music into your Discord voice chats. Let’s make your gaming sessions even more epic with some cool beats! 🎶
How to Play Music in Discord
Ever wondered how to make your Discord chats more lively with some music? Well, you’re in luck! There are three super simple ways to add a musical twist to your Discord experience:
- Using a Music Bot
- Connecting to Spotify
- Playing Music Through Your Mic
Let’s dive into each method and get your Discord rocking!
#1 How to Add a Music Bot to Discord
Adding a music bot to your Discord server is like inviting a DJ to your online party! Here’s how you do it:
- Create Your Own Server: Click on the “+” symbol in Discord to create a new server.
- Name Your Server: Give your server a cool name and choose your region. This is like setting up your own private club!
- Invite a Music Bot: Head over to your chosen bot’s website and hit the “Invite” or “Add” button.
- Log Into Discord: You’ll need to log into your Discord account if you aren’t already.
- Choose Your Server for the Bot: Select the server you want your music bot to join. Think of it as choosing which room your DJ should set up in.
- Complete Verification: Pass a quick verification, and voilà, your music bot is ready to jam!
It’s that simple! Now you can have a bot playing tunes in the background while you chat and play games. Stay tuned as we explore the other two methods of bringing music to your Discord sessions.
#2 How to Play Music in a Discord Call
Want to add some tunes to your Discord calls? Let’s use a bot named FredBoat to get the party started! Here’s the quick and easy way to do it:
- Invite FredBoat to Your Server: Head to the FredBoat bot website and click “Invite To Server.”
- Authorize & Verify: Choose a server, click “Authorize,” and verify you’re not a robot.
- Join a Voice Channel: Jump into a voice channel on Discord.
- Tell FredBoat What to Play: Use the command
;;play [URL]to tell FredBoat to play a specific song. For example, type
;;play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBI1A7l_gas. You can also search for songs directly by typing
;;play Name of Song.
- Control the Music: To stop the music, type
;;stop. What’s cool about FredBoat is you can let your friends vote to skip a song using commands! Check out the FredBoat website for a full list of commands.
#3 How to Play Music in Discord Through a Mic
Playing music through your mic in Discord is another fun option. Here’s how to set it up:
#1 Adjust Your PC’s Microphone Settings:
- Open your “Control Panel.”
- Go to “Hardware & Sound,” then “Manage Audio Devices.”
- In the “Recording” tab, enable “Stereo Mix” and set it as your “default mic.”
#2 Use FredBoat in Voice Chat: Join a Discord voice chat and start playing music through FredBoat just like in a call.
For Android Users:
- Visit discordbots.org.
- Tap the “Music” tab to find music bots like Sinon, MedalBot, or Astolfo.
- View and invite your chosen bot to your server.
- Log into Discord, select a server, authorize the bot, and start using it in a voice channel.
For iPhone Users and the MEE6 Bot:
- Go to the MEE6 website.
- Log into your Discord account and authorize MEE6.
- Choose a server and activate the music plugin.
- In Discord, join a voice channel and use commands like
!searchto find songs and
!playto start the music.
How to Play Music in Discord Without a Bot
It’s super easy to set up, and you don’t need any bots! Here’s how you can connect Spotify to Discord and bring your favorite tunes into your gaming sessions:
- Open Discord Settings: Fire up Discord and head over to your “User Settings.”
- Find Spotify in Connections: Click on “Connections” and look for the Spotify icon under the “Connect Your Accounts” section.
- Connect to Spotify: Click the Spotify icon, and you’ll be whisked away to Spotify’s login page.
- Log Into Spotify: Punch in your Spotify details and hit the “Agree” button to approve the connection.
- Confirmation: Once you’re done, you’ll see a message saying, “Connected Your Spotify Account to Discord.” This means you’re all set!
- Double-Check the Connection: Go back to Discord and scroll down to ensure Spotify is now connected.
Now, you’re ready to groove to your favorite songs and artists right within Discord!
As you can see, adding music to your Discord experience is just a few clicks away. Whether you connect your Spotify account or choose a cool bot, your Discord sessions are about to get a whole lot more musical. So go ahead, pick your favorite method, and let the tunes roll in your next gaming adventure!
Conclusion: Level Up Your Discord Experience with Music!
And there you have it, folks – the ultimate guide to filling your Discord chats with music! Whether it’s by adding a funky bot, linking your Spotify account, or playing tunes directly through your mic, you now have all the tools you need to turn your Discord server into a musical haven.
Remember, music has the power to transform your gaming sessions from ordinary to extraordinary. It’s all about setting the right vibe and making those epic gaming moments even more memorable. So go ahead, experiment with these methods, and see which one suits your style the best.
Happy gaming and happy listening! May your Discord chats always be filled with awesome music and great friends. 🎶🎮