Hey there, are you tired of getting calls from numbers you don’t recognize? 🤔
It’s super annoying, right? You want to block these calls, but you don’t even know who’s calling you! What can you do about it?
In this article, I’m going to show you all the cool tricks to figure out who that mystery caller is. Let’s dive in! 🕵️♂️
How Do Callers Hide Their Phone Number?
Ever wondered how some callers manage to hide their phone number when they ring you up? It’s like a magic trick, but not the fun kind!
Here’s the secret: There’s this thing called the ‘No Caller ID’ feature. It’s like a cloak for phone numbers. When someone uses it, their number doesn’t show up on your phone. Instead, you see “Unknown Caller.”
How do they do it? It’s actually pretty easy. They just type *67 before the number they’re calling. So, if they dial *67-555-555-0000, their number becomes invisible!
This No Caller ID feature was meant to keep people’s numbers private. But guess what? Some sneaky folks use it for not-so-nice reasons, like bothering others or even breaking the law. Not cool, right?
But don’t worry! I’ve got some tricks up my sleeve to help you uncover these hidden numbers. Keep reading to become a detective in revealing unknown callers! 🕵️♂️
How to Find out Who an Unknown Caller Is
Ever get a call from a number you don’t know and wish you could find out who it is? Well, you’re in luck! Here’s how you can play detective and figure out who’s behind those mysterious calls.
1. Call Your Phone Company
Your phone company keeps a log of all your calls. They sometimes offer a special service called Anonymous Caller ID. With this, you might be able to use a special code, like *57, right after you get a weird call. This code can reveal the hidden number and maybe a few other details.
But here’s the catch: Not all phone companies offer this, and sometimes they charge you every time you use it. If the other tricks I’m about to tell you don’t work, give your phone company a call and ask about *57.
2. Use TrapCall
TrapCall is like a superhero for your phone. It’s a service that helps you figure out who’s calling with a hidden number. Here’s what TrapCall can do:
- Show you the real number of the caller.
- Tell you their name, address, and even show their photo.
- Block these sneaky callers and play a message that makes them think your number doesn’t work anymore.
- Automatically stop spam calls.
- Record incoming calls (pretty cool, right?).
To use TrapCall, you need to sign up on their website and then set it up on your phone. It takes about 5 minutes and is super easy.
Here’s how it works: When you get a call from a hidden number, just reject it. TrapCall will then grab the number, unmask the caller’s details, and send you all the info.
TrapCall works on both Android and iPhones, but it’s only available in the USA. And guess what? They even offer a free trial!
Blocking Unwanted Calls
Are you tired of getting calls from numbers you don’t know? Good news! Your phone probably has a built-in way to block these pesky callers. Just remember, some sneaky scammers change their numbers often, so keep an eye out!
#1 Block Unwanted Calls on iPhone (iOS 13 or later)
If you have an iPhone, here’s your step-by-step guide to peace and quiet:
- Head to Settings: This is where all the magic happens.
- Find ‘Phone’: Scroll down until you see it.
- Activate ‘Silence Unknown Callers’: There’s a switch next to it. Flip it to the On position. Voila! No more mystery calls.
#2 Block Unwanted Calls on Android:
Got an Android phone? Here’s how to block unknown callers:
- Open the Dialer: This is your phone’s calling app.
- Tap the Three Dots Menu: It looks like this: ⋮. You’ll find it in the top right corner.
- Select ‘Settings’: This is where you can control your call settings.
- Choose ‘Block Numbers’: This is your target.
- Enable ‘Block Unknown Callers’: Switch it on, and say goodbye to those annoying calls!
Block Specific Numbers
Figured out who’s behind those unknown calls? Awesome! Now let’s block them so they can’t bug you again. Whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android, I’ve got you covered.
#1 How to Block Specific Numbers on iOS
If you’re an iPhone user, follow these steps to block those unwanted numbers:
- Open Recent Calls: This is where you see all your recent calls.
- Find the Mystery Number: Scroll to the number you want to block.
- Tap the ‘i’ Icon: It’s a little circle with an ‘i’ in it, next to the number.
- Scroll and Tap ‘Block Caller’: This is your magic button.
- Confirm the Block: Tap ‘Block Contact’ to make it official.
Now, the blocked caller will get a message like “this person isn’t accepting calls” when they try to reach you. Peace at last!
#2 How to Block Specific Numbers on Android
Android users, your steps might vary a bit depending on your phone model, but generally, here’s what you do:
- Open the Phone Dialer: This is where you make calls.
- Go to Recents: Find the number you want to block in your recent calls.
- Tap the ‘i’ Icon: It’s like a little information button next to the number.
- Choose ‘Block’: You’ll find this at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm Your Choice: Select ‘Confirm’ to block them.
Just like with the iPhone, the blocked person on Android will get a message similar to if your phone was disconnected. They won’t know it’s you who blocked them. Sneaky, right?
In Conclusion To 🎉
Dealing with mystery callers can be a real headache, but hey, it’s not as tough as it seems. I hope this article turned you into a phone call detective! 🕵️♀️
Now you know how to find out who’s behind those unknown calls and how to block them like a pro. It’s pretty easy once you get the hang of it, right?
Got any cool stories, tips, or tricks about dealing with unknown callers? I’d love to hear them! Drop your comments below and let’s share our detective skills. 🗨️
Thanks for reading, and happy blocking! 👋