Do you have a Samsung Smart TV at home? It’s like a magic box that comes with a bunch of apps already installed, some by Samsung and others by different companies. Plus, you’ve probably added a few more apps that you like, right from the Smart Hub on your TV. But here’s a question: what if your TV starts to feel a bit crowded with all these apps, and you want to clean it up a bit? Can you actually remove some of these apps?
Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we’re going to dive into how you can delete those apps you’ve added yourself to your Samsung Smart TV. And what about the apps that came with the TV and seem like they just can’t be removed? Don’t worry, I’ve got some cool tips for those, too. Ready to tidy up your TV’s app collection? Let’s jump right in!
Deleting Apps on T, Q, LS Samsung Smart TVs
Ever feel like your Samsung Smart TV is getting a little too crowded with apps? Well, if you’ve got one of the latest models like the T, Q, or LS series, tidying up your app collection is pretty easy. Let’s walk through the steps together:
- Grab Your Remote: Pick up your “OneRemote” and hit the “Home” button. This will bring up your TV’s “Smart Hub,” which is like the main menu for everything on your TV.
- Find the Settings: Now, look for the “gear” icon. That’s your settings button. Click on it to open up a new set of options.
- Device Care and Maintenance: Scroll down until you find “Device Care” in the “Support” section. This is where your TV checks up on itself to make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Manage Your Storage: After a quick scan, your TV will show you an option that says “Manage Storage.” This is where all your apps are listed, and you can see how much space they’re taking up.
- Select and Delete: Go through the list and choose the apps you don’t need anymore. Once you’ve selected them, simply press “Delete.”
- Confirm Your Choice: A message will pop up asking if you’re sure you want to get rid of these apps. Just select “OK” to confirm, and voilà, you’ve decluttered your TV!
Deleting Apps on M/MU/NU/RU/Q/LS (2017-2019) Samsung Smart TVs
Got a Samsung Smart TV from the 2017-2019 lineup, like the M, MU, NU, RU, Q, or LS models? If it’s time to say goodbye to some of the apps you no longer use, here’s how you can quickly remove them:
- Start with Your Remote: Grab your “OneRemote” and press the “Home” button. This is like the main gateway to everything on your TV.
- Head to the Apps Section: Once in the Home menu, navigate to “Apps.” This is where all your TV’s apps hang out.
- Open the Settings: Look for the “gear” icon, which is your settings button. You’ll find it in the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose and Delete: Now, you’ll see a list of all your apps. Scroll through this list, pick the apps you don’t need anymore, and simply select “Delete.”
And that’s it! Just a few clicks and you’ve successfully cleaned up your TV’s app space. Isn’t it nice to keep things neat and tidy?
Deleting Apps on K/KU/KS Samsung Smart TVs
If you have a Samsung Smart TV from the 2016 series, like the K, KU, or KS models, and you’re looking to free up some space by removing unused apps, here’s your quick and easy guide:
- Start with the Home Button: First, grab your remote and press the “Home” button. This will take you to the main menu of your TV.
- Navigate to Apps: Once you’re in the Home menu, go to “Apps.” This is where all your TV’s apps are displayed.
- Find Options: In the apps screen, head over to the bottom right corner and select “Options.” This is where you can manage your apps.
- Time to Delete: A menu bar will appear with an option that says “Delete.” Click on this, and you’ll be able to choose which apps you want to get rid of.
- Confirm Your Choice: After selecting the apps you want to delete, hit “Delete” again to uninstall them. Make sure you don’t exit the screen until you see that the apps have been successfully removed. This ensures everything went smoothly.
And there you have it! A few simple steps and your TV is all neat and organized, just the way you like it.
Deleting Apps on J/JU/JS (2015) Samsung Smart TVs
If you’re using one of the Samsung Smart TVs from the 2015 series – like the J, JU, or JS models – and you want to clean up your app list, here’s an easy way to do it:
- Grab Your Remote: First, take your remote control and hold down the “colored button.” This is going to open up a special menu.
- Go to Featured: After pressing the colored button, select “Featured.” This will bring you to a spot where you can see some highlighted options for your TV.
- Find Your Apps: In this new menu, click on “Apps.” This is where all the magic happens – where all your apps live.
- Head to Options: Now, look for “Options” in the upper right corner of your screen and click on it. This is where you can make changes to your apps.
- Time to Delete: Next, you’ll see an option that says “Delete My Apps.” Select this, and then choose the apps you’re ready to say goodbye to.
- Confirm Deletion: After picking the apps you want to delete, click on “Delete” in the upper corner of the screen. A prompt will ask if you’re sure about deleting the app. Just choose “Yes” to confirm.
And that’s it! With these simple steps, you’ve successfully decluttered your TV’s app collection, making it easier to find the ones you really love.
Deleting Apps on E/EH/ES (2012) and H/HU/F (2014) Samsung Smart TVs
If you own an older Samsung Smart TV, like the models from the E, EH, ES series (2012) or the H, HU, F series (2014), and you’re wondering how to remove some apps, don’t worry – it’s still totally doable! Let’s walk through the steps:
- Access the Smart Hub: First up, grab your remote control and press the button to open the “Smart Hub.” This is like the control center for all your TV’s apps and features.
- Choose the App to Uninstall: In the Smart Hub, look around for the app you want to remove. Once you’ve found it, highlight it with your remote.
- Use the Tools Option: On your remote, there’s a button labeled “Tools.” Press this button when you’ve selected the app you want to delete.
- Select Delete and Confirm: After hitting “Tools,” you’ll see an option to “Delete” the app. Press this, and then hit “Enter” on your remote to go ahead.
- Final Confirmation: Your TV will ask if you’re sure about deleting the app. Navigate to “Yes,” and then press “Enter” again to confirm.
And just like that, you’ve successfully removed unwanted apps from your older Samsung Smart TV, keeping it clean and organized!
Which Apps Can You Delete?
So, you’ve mastered the art of uninstalling apps from both the older and newer models of Samsung Smart TVs. Awesome! But now, you might be wondering: can you delete every single app on your TV? Well, here’s the scoop:
Installed vs. Pre-Installed Apps: What’s the Difference?
- Installed Apps: These are the apps that you download and install on your TV yourself. You have complete freedom to add or remove these apps anytime you want.
- Pre-Installed Apps: These apps come with your Samsung Smart TV right out of the box. Think of apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and others that are already there when you first turn on your TV. The tricky part? These pre-installed apps usually have a ‘Delete’ option that’s disabled, meaning you can’t remove them as easily as the others.
But Wait, There’s a Hack!
Now, this might sound a bit like secret agent stuff, but there are some hacks to get around this limitation. Keep in mind, though, these tricks don’t work on all models, and they can be a bit complex. But if you’re feeling adventurous, here’s how you can give it a try:
- Enter Developer Mode: Hold the “Home” button on your remote and select “Apps.” Then, press the “Number” button and type “12345.” This secret code opens up “Developer mode.” Toggle the “On” button and click “OK.”
- Prep the App for Deletion: Once in Developer Mode, head to “Settings” and select the app you’re eyeing to remove. Go to “Lock/Unlock” and choose it to lock the app by typing “0000.” A little lock icon should pop up on the app.
- The Final Steps: Next, select “Deep Link Test.” In the window that appears, highlight “Content id,” type anything, and hit “Done.” When asked to create a password, just choose “Cancel.” Magically, the “Delete” option should now be enabled for that app.
- Delete the App: Now, simply select the pre-installed app you want to remove and hit “Delete.”
Remember, these steps are a bit like going off the beaten path and might not work for every TV model. Plus, tinkering with Developer Mode can be tricky, so proceed with caution and maybe do a little more research if you’re not sure.
Wrapping Up: Making the Most of Your Samsung Smart TV
So, there you have it! Your Samsung Smart TV is more than just a screen in your living room – it’s a gateway to a world of entertainment. With a mix of apps that come ready to go and the ones you can add yourself, there’s always something new to explore.
Remember, while it’s super easy to add apps, when it comes to removing them, you’ll mostly be able to delete the ones you installed yourself. Those pre-installed apps? They’re a bit more stubborn. But hey, if you’re feeling tech-savvy, you might give the “Developer Mode” trick a try to clear them out. Just tread carefully and remember, this method is a bit like a secret hack – exciting, but not always straightforward.
In the end, your Samsung Smart TV is your entertainment hub, ready to be customized just the way you like it. Whether you’re streaming your favorite show, trying out new apps, or decluttering your app list, your TV is there to make every viewing experience enjoyable. Happy watching!