Have you ever noticed that the work clothes in Sims 4 aren’t exactly the coolest? A lot of players feel the same way. Sometimes, the outfits don’t really show off what your Sim does for a living, and they can be a bit boring. Plus, it’s a bit weird when your Sim gets a promotion but still wears their old work clothes, right?
You’re probably thinking, “I want to change my Sim’s work outfit, but how?” Well, you’re in the right place! In this fun guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to give your Sims’ work outfits a total makeover. And that’s not all – we’ll even show you how to change the outfits of other characters in the game to make everything look super cool and coordinated. Let’s dive in!
How to Change Work Clothes in Sims 4
Ever wanted to make your Sims look super stylish at work? It’s a bit tricky in Sims 4 since the game doesn’t let you change work clothes just like that. But guess what? There’s a secret cheat code called “Change Career Outfit” that lets you do just that! You can totally revamp your Sims’ work wardrobe and make their careers shine.
Before you can use this awesome cheat, you need to enable cheats in your game. If you haven’t done this before, here’s the easy way to do it:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + C together.
- A little window pops up in the upper-left corner. Click on your search bar there.
- Type in testingCheats true or testingCheats on (without the brackets).
- Hit Enter. Now, you’re ready to enter cheat codes!
If that doesn’t work, try typing the testingCheats line again, but leave out the brackets.
Let’s Change Those Outfits!
Once you’ve got cheats enabled, here’s how to get to the “Change Career Outfit” code:
- Open up your cheat code console again.
- Type sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas.
- Press Enter. This will take you to Create a Sim (CAS) mode.
- Now, pick out the perfect outfit from your clothing collection for your Sim’s job.
The cool part? Changing their work outfit won’t mess with their job or how they act. They’ll still do their job just as well, but now in style!
Remember, some uniforms are special and can’t be changed back once you swap them. So, check first if you can use your new outfit freely.
Another Way: The ‘Plan Career Outfit’ Mod
Want another option? There’s a mod called “Plan Career Outfit.” It lets you change work outfits using dressers, closets, and mirrors. It works with Sims who have jobs with uniforms and are at least teenagers.
Here’s how to use the mod:
- Download the mod from a website (make sure it’s a safe one!).
- Unzip the files and install the mod in your game.
- Go to your Dresser in Sims 4, and you’ll be taken to CAS mode to design your work outfit. Just remember not to change the clothes category, or it will affect your Everyday clothing.
When your Sims go to work next, they’ll be rocking their new look!
Important Note About the Mod
This mod needs something called the Scumbumbo XML Injector. It’s a tool that helps mods work smoothly in your game. Here’s how to get and test it:
- Download the Injector from the Mod the Sims website.
- Put the files in your Sims 4 Mods folder, not in a subfolder.
- Activate your script mods from the game options.
- Test the Injector using its test package. If you get a notification, it’s working!
Remember, once you’ve tested it, remove the test file so it doesn’t clutter your game. But keep the script file!
With the Injector and mod installed, your Sims’ work fashion game will be top-notch. Plus, your game will stay stable and fun!
How to Change an NPC Work Outfit in Sims 4
Do you want the non-playable characters (NPCs) in Sims 4 to dress as awesomely as your own Sims at work? It’s pretty similar to changing your own Sims’ outfits. Let’s go through the steps!
Step 1: Opening the Cheat Console
- Press Ctrl + Shift + C.
- A little window pops up in the upper-left corner of your screen. Click on the search bar there.
- Type testingCheats true or testingcheats on (try without the brackets if it doesn’t work).
- Press Enter.
Step 2: The Magic Code for Full Editing Mode
Now for the special cheat code:
- Type fulleditmode in the console.
- Hit Enter.
Step 3: Time to Style the NPCs!
- Find the NPC whose work outfit you want to change.
- Press Shift + Click on the NPC.
- Select the Modify in CAS option.
Voilà! You can now switch up their work attire to something super cool.
Conclusion: Dress to Impress in Sims 4!
Hey Sims 4 players! We’ve learned that changing work clothes in the game can be a bit of a puzzle, right? But with those cool cheat codes and mods we talked about, it’s like having a magic wand to fix it all! You can now dress up your Sims and even the NPCs in awesome outfits that really show off what they do for a living. It’s super quick and works on any device you play Sims 4 on.
Are you already a fan of the work outfits in Sims 4, or are you excited to try these changes? Maybe you have your own secret tricks for a wardrobe change? Or have you tried giving the NPCs a fashion makeover? We’re super curious to hear your stories and tips, so drop them in the comments below. Let’s make Sims 4 the most stylish world ever!