Ever been bugged by phone calls that just won’t stop, especially from numbers you can’t even see? We’ve all been there. Those salespeople and realtors think they’re pretty clever hiding their numbers, hoping we’ll pick up. And let’s be honest, it’s super annoying and interrupts our day, right?
But hey, if you’re an iPhone user, I’ve got some good news for you! You don’t have to put up with these annoying calls anymore. I’m here to show you some cool tricks to block these unwelcome callers and keep your day peaceful. So, let’s dive into how you can keep those hidden number calls from bugging you on your iPhone.
How to Block No Caller ID on iOS 13 and Newer
1. Silence Unknown Callers
Got an iPhone 10, 11, or 12? Great! Since the launch of iOS 13, Apple introduced a super handy feature called Silence Unknown Callers. It’s like your personal phone bouncer! When someone you don’t know calls, this feature won’t let your phone ring. Instead, it sends them straight to voicemail. Don’t worry though, you won’t miss anything important. The call will still show up in your ‘Recents’, and if they leave a voicemail, you’ll get a notification.
Here’s a quick guide on how to turn on this peace-bringing feature:
- Find Your Settings: Grab your iPhone and unlock it. Look for the Settings icon. It’s the one that looks like a small, grey gear. You can’t miss it!
- Dive into Settings: Once you’ve found it, give it a tap. Scroll through the list until you find the Phone option and select it.
- Turn On the Magic: In the Phone settings, look for the Silence Unknown Callers option. You’ll see a little toggle next to it. Slide that toggle to the right. You’ll know it’s on when it turns green.
And just like that, you’re set! No more interruptions from unknown numbers.
2. Do Not Disturb
If you’re looking for another way to keep those mystery callers at bay, let’s talk about the Do Not Disturb feature on your iPhone. It’s like putting a “No Entry” sign for unknown numbers! Setting it up is a breeze. Here’s how you do it:
- Open Settings: First things first, unlock your iPhone. Find and click on the Settings icon, which looks like a grey gear.
- Find Do Not Disturb: In your Settings menu, scroll until you see Do Not Disturb. Give it a tap to open it up.
- Customize Your Callers: Inside the Do Not Disturb settings, you’ll find an option called Allow Calls From. Tap on that, and then select All Contacts.
- Back to Home: After you’ve made your choice, simply close the menus and head back to your Home screen.
What this does is pretty neat – only people in your contacts list can call you, which means no surprises from unknown numbers. But remember, this method might block some important calls from numbers that aren’t in your contacts. So, use this option when you’re okay with the possibility of missing a few calls from numbers you haven’t saved yet.
3. Create a New Contact
Ever thought of outsmarting those hidden number calls? Here’s a clever trick – create a special contact on your iPhone! Name it something like “Do Not Answer” or “No Caller ID”. This trick works around the fact that your iPhone can’t block hidden or private numbers directly, as it doesn’t recognize them. But with this method, you can!
Let’s go through the steps:
- Add a New Contact: Head to your Contacts. Look for the + icon (it’s usually at the top) and tap it to add a new contact.
- Name Your Contact: In the name field, type something like “No Caller ID”. It’s just a label to remind you what this contact is for.
- Give It a Fake Number: Now, for the phone number, enter a dummy number like “000-000-0000”.
- Save Your Contact: Hit Done to save this new contact.
- Block the Contact: Go into the contact you just created. Scroll until you see the Block this Caller option. Tap on it, then choose Block Contact to confirm.
What happens now is pretty cool: your iPhone will treat any hidden or private numbers as if they’re coming from this blocked contact. This means no more rings from those sneaky unknown callers!
How to Block No Caller ID on iOS 12 and Older
1. Block Unknown Callers with a Dummy Contact
If your iPhone runs on iOS 12 or an older version, don’t worry, you’re not left out! While features like Silence Unknown Callers might not be available, there’s still a way to keep those hidden callers away. Let’s add a new contact, but with a twist:
- Create a New Contact: Open Contacts on your iPhone and tap the + sign to add a new contact.
- Name the Contact: For the name, type in “No Caller ID”. This is just a label to help you remember the purpose of this contact.
- Add a Fake Number: In the phone number field, key in “000-000-0000”.
- Save the Contact: Press Done to save this new entry.
- Block the Contact: Now, open this contact’s profile, scroll to find Block this Caller, and tap it. Confirm by selecting Block Contact.
This method tricks your iPhone into thinking any hidden number is this contact, effectively blocking them.
2. Use ‘Do Not Disturb’ for a Peaceful Experience
Another solid option is to use the Do Not Disturb feature. It’s easy to set up:
- Access Settings: Find the Settings icon on your iPhone and tap it.
- Activate Do Not Disturb: Look for Do Not Disturb in the settings list, then switch the toggle to the right. It’ll turn green, and you’ll see a moon icon in your status bar.
- Customize Allowed Calls: Tap Allow Calls From and choose All Contacts. You should see a checkmark next to it.
- Head Back Home: Once done, return to your Home screen.
Keep in mind, Do Not Disturb blocks all numbers not in your contacts, not just the unknown ones.
3. Get Help from Your Cell Phone Carrier
One more option is to check with your cell phone carrier. Many service providers have features or plans to help block unwanted calls. It’s worth giving them a call or checking their website for more details.
How to Block No Caller ID on an iPhone: Carrier-Specific Solutions
#1 For Verizon Users: Utilize Verizon Call Filter
Are you with Verizon? They’ve got a tool that can help! It’s called Verizon Call Filter. This nifty app is like a bouncer for your phone calls. It can block those pesky spam and robocalls. The best part? It’s free for Verizon subscribers!
If you want some extra features, there’s also Call Filter Plus. It’s like the deluxe version of Call Filter, with more control and capabilities. It costs $2.99 a month, but if you’re really into managing your calls, it might be worth it.
#2 For AT&T Users: AT&T Call Protect to the Rescue
If AT&T is your carrier, they’ve got you covered with their own app, AT&T Call Protect. It’s available to all AT&T subscribers with an iPhone 6 or newer that supports HD Voice Capable iOS. This app is a shield against those unwanted calls.
You can choose the free version, which is pretty great on its own, or go for the premium option at $3.99 a month. Both versions give you Nuisance Call Alerts and Unknown Call Blocking, keeping those unwanted callers at bay.
#3 For T-Mobile Customers: ScamShield for Extra Protection
T-Mobile users, check out ScamShield. This app is designed to protect you from robocalls, spam, and other unwanted calls. You can download it for free from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
If you’re looking for something with a bit more power, there’s Scam Shield Premium. This upgraded version comes with a monthly fee, but if you’re serious about managing your calls, it might be the right choice for you.
How to Block No Caller ID on an iPhone in Australia and Hong Kong
For iPhone Users in Australia: Utilizing ‘Silence Unknown Callers’
Living in Australia and tired of unknown callers? If your iPhone runs on iOS 13 or higher, you’re in luck! Use the Silence Unknown Callers feature to keep those mystery callers away. Here’s how to get started:
- Access Settings: Wake up your iPhone and head to Settings.
- Find the Phone Option: In Settings, look for and select Phone.
- Activate Silence Unknown Callers: Scroll to find Silence Unknown Callers. Tap it, then slide the toggle to the right. It’ll glow green when it’s on.
Keep in mind, this feature works only with truly unknown numbers. If you’ve interacted with a number before but haven’t saved it, your iPhone won’t count it as “unknown.”
For an extra layer of protection, consider installing a third-party call blocking app from the App Store.
For iPhone Users in Hong Kong: Solutions for Blocking Unwanted Calls
In Hong Kong and annoyed by unwanted calls? Whether you’re using an older iPhone model or the latest one, there are solutions for you:
- Third-Party Apps: There are several apps available that can help block unwanted calls. You can find these in the App Store.
- Silence Unknown Callers Feature: If you’re using an iPhone with iOS 13 or above, you can enable the Silence Unknown Callers feature:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Phone from the list of options.
- Scroll down until you find Silence Unknown Callers. Toggle it on (it’ll turn green).
Remember, this feature will only block numbers that your phone doesn’t recognize as known contacts or numbers you’ve previously interacted with.
Wrapping Up: Your Peaceful Phone Experience Awaits
There you have it! Blocking or silencing those pesky unknown callers on your iPhone is pretty simple, isn’t it? Apple has cleverly included options in iOS to help you manage your calls better. Whether it’s using the Silence Unknown Callers feature, creating a dummy contact, or activating Do Not Disturb, you now have the tools to keep your phone from ringing at the wrong time.
And don’t forget, your cell phone carrier might have some neat tricks up their sleeve too. They often offer special call-blocking features or filters that can be tailored to your needs.
Have you ever tried blocking unknown callers on your iPhone using any of these methods? Or maybe you’ve found another clever way to keep those unwanted calls at bay? Share your stories and tips in the comments below. Your experience could be super helpful to others trying to navigate their way to a more peaceful phone life!