A memory card or USB Drive is an electronic flash memory data storage device used for storing digital information. These are commonly used in many electronic devices, including digital cameras, mobile phones, laptop computers and MP3 players. Most of these are re-recordable, and can retain data without power. These are also commonly used in many electronic devices to transfer data from one place to another.
Reasons to Format Memory Card:-
The common problem arises when these stop working without notifying. This is the common problem now days and this can be solved. It is recommended to buy all these devices from trusted companies. In the market, varieties of removable disks are available in the market at very low prices. But these stop working after few days.
Various sizes like 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB etc. are available. These don’t format neither in computer nor in mobile sets. Usually, Memory Card loses its original size e.g., from 4 GB to nearly 12.5 MB, 15 MB etc. or sometimes it doesn’t get formatted. Computer fails to format the memory card resulting in showing the message “Windows was unable to format”.
Actually, windows has made everything as simple as possible so that we can use it in simplest way and windows ensures that. We don’t need to be an expert to do basic things. But when critical problem arises, we need to make extra efforts to get out of the problem.
Using formatting system fails to make memory card work again. So, we need to use command interface or cmd. This is the advance way to perform advance operations in windows. So, we are going to tell you step by step solution to make it working.
Pay attention: Type exactly the same as instructed, otherwise may get stuck in serious thread.
How to format the Memory Card:-
1. First of all, format it using all types of file systems given.
2. When it shows some size of it, try the following:
3. Open cmd and type DISKPART
4. A new window will open, type LIST DISK
5. Type SELECT DISK # [where # is obviously the SD Card Disk letter)
6. Type CLEAN, it will clean up the disk
7. To create partitions type CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY.
8. Type FORMAT FS=FAT32
9. Type ASSIGN to assign a letter.
Tips to use Memory Card:-
1. Don’t buy memory cards from fraud sources.
2. Buy memory cards only from trusted brands, why lose your data for some money.
3. Regularly use it, don’t put it in your wallet.
4. Never use 100 % space available of the memory. Always keep some space free on memory cards.
That’s all friends. Let me know if your problem is solved?