Picture windows are stationary, inoperable windows, that are looking as true windows with dreamable sceneries. Usually, with just one visible pane of glass, the picture windows are those favorite pieces of design for people who want to obtain an expansive view of the outdoors.
While some might think that picture windows are only drawing beautiful landscapes for homeowners, well, they have many other things to offer. So here are the advantages, cons and also the costs for picture windows, along with the great locations for these framed views.
What is the Picture Window?
A picture window is an apparent, large window that is not opening up. This design is offering a clear and also unobstructed view of the landscapes you would like to see outside of your home or apartment.
Actually, the picture window is a framework for whichever view you would like to have in your home. It does not matter if the view is an Alpine mountain, the ocean, a river or a green forest, a picture window will nicely display a beautiful focal point for any room.
The costs for the Fixed Windows
The prices for the Fixed Windows will vary depending on the size, materials, even the glazing. But just to make an idea about this, the average price for the fixed window will go somewhere around $200 to $650 per window.
But comparing the fixed windows with the classical ones, these are less expensive indeed. Homeowners will save lots of money on the weather-stripping. Moreover, the time for fixing the fixed windows and to assemble the movable sashes is quite short.
And when it comes to money-saving, the lack of ventilation of the fixed windows makes this design pieces extremely energy-efficient windows.
Framing Materials perfect for the Fixed Windows
There are different kinds of frames for the fixed windows. When thinking about sustainability and energy efficiency, the best frame for the fixed windows is the fiberglass, which offers durability, without needing so much maintenance.
On the other hand, the aluminum frames are also durable and budget-friendly as well. For those who will choose the vinyl frames, they are lucky, because these ones are easy to clean, require very little maintenance and very resistant to grime and dirt. If you want to go on the traditional way, the wooden frames are higher in price but will add a lot more value to your home.
The weak part of the fixed windows is that they are too thin to support the double-glazed thermal units, as other energy-efficient windows would do. With all these, they are an elegant choice for the design of the house.
The Advantages of buying picture windows
If you are not sure about purchasing a picture window, well, maybe these pros will help you decide:
- Natural beauty: if you want to get a clear view of a beautiful landscape outside, you can just frame it. Some pictures are so clean that it might seem the picture window is really part of the room.
- Cheaper than standard windows: because the picture windows do not have any moving parts, they cost less, they don’t break and neither need replacing.
- Easy to find: considering that the older windows have many parts that are hard to find, this would make the replacement of the window a true nightmare. But not in the case of the picture windows.
- Help with insulation and waterproofing. The picture windows are energy efficient, and they provide much more heat during the wintertime. They are bringing more sunshine than a normal window on a foggy day. The picture windows are an additional source of heating and it is all free. Moreover, the picture windows are fixed, so the heat will not escape.
- The fixed windows provide natural lighting. Made by a lot of glass, they mean that loads of sunshine will come directly in the house.
- The fixed windows are keeping everything out of allergen They will bring lots of light once, and then also protect you from the bd allergens.
- Easy to clean: the process of cleaning is fairly straightforward, you just need a clean cloth and that’s all.
- Daylighting: these windows are very simple, and they are made larger than most of the regular ones. They let more natural light to come in the room and minimize the need for some artificial light.
The best locations for picture windows
The picture windows are good to stay in many different parts of the room. Wherever you would like to have a nice view throughout the home, then the picture windows are perfect.
A picture window can be installed on a tall wall, so they can provide a nice view of the sky or the sun during the day.
Picture windows that will provide you the possibility of staring at the moon and the stars at night will be a delight.
However, for those who are looking for advice, the best spot for a picture window is in a place in the house where you have a great view. It can be wherever in the house where the homeowner wants to enjoy a great view. It doesn’t matter if you want to see the ocean in the bedroom or the dining room, make sure you display the picture window in your special place.